Outdoor Power Equipment Service Writer Wanted (Westboro, MA)
Reports To: Service Manager
Processes and schedules work orders and requirements in the repair and maintenance of a variety of equipment types, such as lawnmowers, chain saws, concrete saws, string trimmers, blowers, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Reviews work orders for complete and accurate information and determines work requirements and priorities.
- Ensures work orders are completed in a timely manner with all supporting documentation and complete details on the work order.
- Assists in the assignment of work based on the priorities established by management.
- Prepares Technicians’ status reports.
- Prepares basic reports and time and activity logs.
- Maintains quality control on work performed during shift; monitors time standards; brings variances to the attention of management and makes corrections/updates as directed.
- Tracks and coordinates warranty work.
- Conducts customer survey follow-ups and reports results to management monthly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fill-in driver for pick-ups and deliveries.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license subject to insurance carrier’s approval.
- Must be willing to work longer hours and weekends as required to meet customer demands.
- Must be a team player.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear, walk and use hands for typing, handling parts, and operating office equipment.
- Required to bend, kneel, and squat.
- Must be able to lift and handle heavy loads up to 50 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing are important for diagnostics and trouble shooting equipment issues.
- Regular exposure to work involving moving mechanical parts and airborne particles. Occasional, intermittent exposure to unpleasant working conditions and undesirable elements. Some exposure to potentially hazardous or harmful elements.
- May require working in poor lighting conditions and occasional extreme temperatures.
Please e-mail resume to email@example.com